The hardware equipment of the observatory
A 280mm Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope from Celestron.
A Flexi Heat Dew Shield from Astrozap.
A Losmandy G11 mount (the original motors were replaced with Skyprobe stepper motors).
A FS2 telescope drive unit from ASTRO Electronic (for motor control).
An USB Guide Port Interface from Shoestring Astronomy (for autoguiding).
An electric JMI NGS focuser and an USB Focus Motor Controller from Shoestring Astronomy.
A 0.33X Nextgen MAXField reducer from Optec.
A Watec 902H2 Ultimate 1/2-inch video camera.
A KIWI-OSD II RTG and a KIWI-GPS Garmin 18LVC.
An Imaging Source IDE video card (for digitizing the analog video signal).
A computer with 500GB HD.
The software equipment of the observatory
TheSky6 for mount controlling.
Focuspal for focusing.
Virtualdub for registering the compressed (Huffyuv) AVI files.
Nudger for autoguiding on Moon’s features (George Varros made this excellent software).
Lunarscan for scanning the uncompressed movies and searching for meteoric impacts.
The observing runs
- Jan. 2. 2009, from 16:11UT to 18:35UT (duration: 2h and 23).
- Jan. 4. 2009, from 16:24UT to 21:13UT (duration: 4h and 49m).
- Apr. 30. 2009, from 19:09UT to 20:25UT (duration: 1h and 16m).
- May 1. 2009, from 19:11UT to 21:00 UT (duration: 1h and 49m).
- May 2. 2009, from 20:50UT to 21:09UT (duration: 19m).
- August 11/12 2009, from 22:29UT to 00:54UT (duration: 2h and 18m).
- August 12/13 2009, from 22:39UT to 03:47UT (duration: 5h and 03m).
- August 13/14 2009, from 23:32UT to 04:00UT (duration: 3h and 34m).
- August 16 2009, from 01:23UT to 03:51UT (duration: 2h and 27m).
- August 17 2009, from 02:29UT to 04:00UT (duration: 1h and 31m).
- TOTAL 2009: 0 impacts: morning 3h and 58m; evening 21h and 31m
- January 21 2010, from 17:14UT to 19:10UT (duration:1h and 56m).
- January 23 2010, from 17:02UT to 21:30UT (duration: 4h and 28m).
- February 20 2010, from 17:42UT to 21:30UT (duration: 3h and 48m).
- April 19 2010, from 18:56UT to 21:20UT (duration: 2h and 24m).
- April 20 2010, from 19:04UT to 21:10UT (duration 2h and 06m).
- September 1 2010, from 22:57UT to 04:14UT (duration 5h and 16m).
- September 2 2010, from 23:19UT to 04:20UT (duration 5h and 01m).
- November 12 2010, from 18:51UT to 20:18UT with interruptions (duration 1h).
- December 11 2010 from 19:01UT to 20:25UT (duration 1h24m).
- December 13 2010 from 16:47UT to 20:14UT (duration 3h27m).
- December 14 2010 from 16:07UT to 21:14UT with interruptions (duration 4h18m).
- TOTAL 2010: 0 impacts: morning 0h; evening 35h 8m
- February 7 2011 from 17:40UT to 19:24UT with interruptions (duration 37m).
- February 8 2011 from 17:35UT to 20:10UT (duration 2h and 35mm).
- February 9 2011 from 17:36UT to 21:05UT (duration 3h and 29m).
- February 10 2011 from 17:20UT to 21:20UT with interruptions (duration 3h and 46m).
- February 11 2011 from 17:45UT to 22:12UT (duration 4h and 27m).
- March 9 2011 from 17:35UT to 18:52UT (duration 1h and 17m).
- March 10 2011 from 17:52UT to 20:55 UT with interruptions (duration 2h and 28m).
- March 11 2011 from 18:08UT to 19:34UT (duration 1h 26m).
- April 8 2011 from 19:18UT to 20:45UT (duration 1h and 27m).
- April 9 2011 from 18:47UT to 21:09UT (duration 2h and 22m).
- April 10 2011 from 18:49UT to 22:15UT (duration 3h and 26m).
- April 12 2011 from 19:22UT to 20:34UT (duration 1h and 12m).
- August 21 2011 from 23:18UT to 03:53UT with interruptions (duration 3h and 30m).
- August 22 2011 from 23:44Ut to 04:05UT (duration 4h and 21m).
- August 23 2011 from 00:25UT to 04:01UT (duration 3h and 36m).
- August 24 2011 from 01:05:UT to 04:07UT (duration 3h and 02m).
- August 25 2011 from 02:10UT to 04:05UT (duration 1h and 55m).
- August 26 2011 from 03:20UT to 04:00UT (duration 40m).
- September 21 2011 from 00:07UT to 04:45UT with interruptions (duration 4h and 29m).
- September 23 2011 from 01:56UT to 04:45UT (duration 2h and 49m).
- October 21 2011 from 00:48UT to 05:27UT (duration 4h and 35m).
- November 18 2011 from 23:39UT to 05:56UT (duration 6h and 17m).
- November 19 2011 from 00:59UT to 06:10UT with interruptions (duration 4h and 5m).
- November 20 2011 from 01:43UT to 03:26UT with interruptions (duration 1h and 25m).
- November 21 2011 from 03:09UT to 06:06UT (duration 2h and 57m).
- December 1 2011 from 16:47UT to 18:15UT (duration 1h and 28m).
- December 19 2011 from 02:10UT to 06:35UT with interruptions (duration 4h and 20m).
- December 20 2011 from 03:38UT to 04:28UT with interruptions (duration 30m).
- December 30 2011 from 16:59UT to 18:55UT (duration 1h and 56m).
- TOTAL 2011: 8 impacts: morning 44h and 31m; evening 31h and 56m
- February 24 2012 from 17:54UT to 19:07UT (duration 1h and 13m).
- February 25 2012 from 17:51UT to 20:06UT (duration 2h and 15m).
- February 26 2012 from 17:54UT to 20:06UT (duration 2h and 13m).
- February 27 2012 from 17:34UT to 20:29UT (duration 2h and 55m).
- February 29 2012 from 19:30UT to 22:34UT (duration 3h and 4m).
- March 1 2012 from 18:15UT to 23:25UT (duration 5h and 10m).
- March 26 2012 from 18:41UT to 20:43UT (duration 2h and 2m).
- March 27 2012 from 18:19UT to 20:19UT (duration 2h).
- March 28 2012 from 18:23UT to 21:15UT (duration 2h and 52m).
- March 29 2012 from 18:15UT to 20:00UT (duration 1h and 45m).
- March 30 2012 from 18:25UT to 19:25UT (duration 1h).
- August 10 2012 from 23:43UT to 02:36UT (duration 2h and 20m).
- August 11 2012 from 00:23UT to 03:50UT (duration 3h and 27m).
- August 12 2012 from 01:30UT to 02:22UT with interruptions (duration 11min).
- September 9 2012 from 23:58UT to 04:04UT (duration 4h and 6m).
- October 10 2012 from 01:52UT to 03:22UT with interruptions (duration 1h).
- October 11 2012 from 02:22UT to 04:52UT (duration 2h and 30m).
- November 6 2012 from 00:11UT to 02:30UT (duration 2h and 19m).
- November 7 2012 from 00:16UT to 05:04UT (duration 4h and 48m).
- November 8 2012 from 01:17UT to 05:21UT (duration 4h and 4m).
- November 20 2012 from 16:20UT to 19:24UT (duration 3h and 4m).
- December 16 2012 from 16:35UT to 17:43UT (duration 1h and 8m).
- December 18 2012 from 16:14UT to 20:39UT with interruptions (duration 2h and 26m).
- December 19 2012 from 16:26UT to 21:23UT with interruptions (duration 4h and 40m).
- TOTAL 2012: 5 impacts: morning 24h and 45m; evening 37h and 47m
- January 4 2013 from 00:19UT to 06:24UT (duration 6h).
- April 15 2013 from 18:44Ut to 20:34UT (duration 1h 50m).
- July 14 2013 from 20:17UT to 21:05UT (duration 40m).
- July 31 2013 from 00:40UT to 03:25UT (duration 2h and 45m).
- August 1 2013 from 01:18UT to 03:37UT (duration 2h and 19m).
- August 11 2013 from 19:25UT to 20:05UT with interruptions (duration 40m).
- August 12 2013 from 19:18UT to 20:31UT with interruptions (duration 1h 10m).
- August 13 2013 from 19:03UT to 19:13UT (duration 10m).
- December 7 2013 from 16:40UT to 19:50UT (duration 3h and 10m)
- December 8 2013 from 16:18UT to 21:00UT (duration 4h and 40m).
- December 9 2013 from 16:25UT to 18:59UT with interruptions (duration 2h 16m).
- December 10 2013 from 16:29UT to 21:06UT (duration 4h and 35m).
- TOTAL 2013: 4 impacts: morning 11h and 4m; evening 19h and 11m
- January 5 2014 from 16:27UT to 17:21UT with interruptions (duration 20m).
- January 6 2014 from 17:22UT to 17:52UT (duration: 30m).
- January 7 2014 from 17:33UT to 19:44UT with interruptions (duration 1h 30m).
- February 6 2014 from 19:10UT to 21:45UT with interruptions (duration 2h).
- February 23 2014 from 02:40UT to 05:42UT with interruptions (duration 2h 51m).
- February 24 2014 from 03:41UT to 05:44UT (duration 2h 03m).
- February 25 2014 from 04:25UT to 05:41UT (duration 1h 16m).
- March 5 2014 from 17:41UT to 19:25UT (duration 1h 44m).
- March 6 2014 from 17:43UT to 20:38UT (duration 2h 55m).
- March 7 2014 from 17:45UT to 20:13UT (duration 2h 28m).
- March 8 2014 from 17:50UT to 21:59UT with interruptions (duration 3h).
- April 6 2014 from 18:39UT to 21:50UT with interruptions (duration 2h 44m).
- May 4 2014 from 19:10UT to 20:22UT (duration 1h 12m).
- May 5 2014 from 19:13UT to 20:47UT with interruptions (duration 1h 22m).
- May 7 2014 from 20:15UT to 21:15UT (duration 1h).
- Dec 17 2014 from 03:20UT to 05:00UT (duration 1h 40m).
- Dec 27 2014 from 16:35UT to 18:55UT with interruptions (duration 2h).
- Dec 28 2014 from 16:18UT to 18:37UT with interruptions (duration 2h).
- Dec 29 2014 from 16:59UT to 21:22UT (duration 4h 23m).
- TOTAL 2014: 2 impacts: morning 7h and 50m; evening 29h and 8m
- Jan 25 2015 from 16:45UT to 19:12UT (duration 2h 27m).
- Jan 27 2015 from 16:58UT to 22:00UT (duration 5h 02m).
- Feb 23 2015 from 17:30UT to 18:52UT (duration 1h 22m).
- Feb 25 2015 from 18:28UT to 22:10UT with interruptions (duration 4h 17m).
- Feb 26 2015 from 17:53UT to 22:57UT with interruptions (duration 4h 54m).
- Mar 27 2015 from 18:25UT to 22:37UT with interruptions (duration 4h 07m).
- Apr 22 2015 from 18:50UT to 19:47UT (duration 57m).
- Apr 23 2015 from 18:52UT to 20:35UT (duration 1h 43m).
- Apr 24 2015 from 18:51UT to 19:56UT (duration 1h 05m).
- Apr 28 2015 from 19:20UT to 21:20UT (duration 2h).
- Nov 5 2015 from 04:30UT to 05:28UT (duration 58m).
- Nov 7 2015 from 02:59UT to 05:43UT with interruptions (duration 2h 02m).
- Nov 8 2015 from 04:15UT to 06:00UT with interruptions (duration 1h 30m).
- Nov 15 2015 from 16:43UT to 18:20UT (duration 1h 37m).
- Nov 16 2015 from 17:01UT to 19:11UT (duration 2h 10m).
- Nov 18 2015 from 16:27UT to 21:11UT with interruptions (duration 4h).
- Dec 4 2015 from 00:55UT to 06:20UT with interruptions (duration 4h 22m).
- Dec 6 2015 from 03:03UT to 06:16UT (duration 3h 13m).
- Dec 7 2015 from 05:07UT to 06:14UT (duration 1h 07m).
- Dec 8 2015 from 05:00UT to 05:36UT with interruptions (duration 25m).
- Dec 15 2015 from 17:21UT to 18:58UT (duration 1h 10m).
- Dec 16 2015 from 17:12UT to 19:02UT (duration 1h 50m).
- TOTAL 2015: 7 impacts: morning 13h and 37m; evening 34h and 41m
- Sep 8 2016 from 18:30UT to 20:40UT (duration 2h 10m).
- Oct 27 2016 from 03:36UT to 05:21UT (duration 1h 45m).
- Nov 7 2016 from 16:40UT to 18:14UT (duration 1h 34m).
- Dec 5 2016 from 16:11UT to 20:26UT (duration 4h 15m).
- Dec 6 2016 from 16:10UT to 21:25UT (duration 5h 15m).
- Dec 7 2016 from 16:11UT to 22:31UT with interruptions (duration 5h 50m).
- Dec 8 2016 from 17:22UT to 19:30UT (duration 2h 08m).
- TOTAL 2016: 4 impacts: morning 1h and 45m; evening 21h and 12m
- Jan 1 2017 from 16:36UT to 18:17UT (duration 1h 41m)
- Jan 2 2017 from 16:53UT to 19:15UT with interruptions (duration about 1h).
- Jan 3 2017 from 16:28UT to 20:28UT with interruptions (duration about 1h).
- Jan 4 2017 from 16:30UT to 18:15UT (duration 1h 45m).
- Jan 5 2017 from 16:22UT to 20:14UT (duration 3h 52m).
- Jan 6 2017 from 17:04UT to 20:17UT (duration 3h 13m).
- Jan 20 2017 from 01:30UT to 06:24UT (duration 4h 54m).
- Jan 21 2017 from 02:23UT to 06:30UT (duration 4h 07m).
- Jan 22 2017 from 03:36UT to 06:28UT (duration 2h 52m).
- Jan 23 2017 from 04:27UT to 06:14UT (duration 1h 47m).
At the end of 2015 the results are:
Total duration during pre-new moon monitoring (morning): 105 h 45 m.
Total duration during past-new moon monitoring (evening): 209 h 22 m.
We detected 26 impacts: 10 during the pre-new moon (morning) and 16 in the past-new moon (evening) time.